How do I access server output (dbms_output)

From: Carl Tichler <carl_at_akhanlian>
Date: 1995/09/07

I am using oraperl as a development tool, and I would like to view "debugging" messages in stored procedures using the dbms_output package. For example I will have lines such as the following within the stored procedure:

testdate := check_date('xyz');
dbms_output.put_line('Test date is ' || to_char(testdate,'YY-MM-DD-HH24.MI.SS'));

So when I run the stored procedure from sqlplus, I can say

set serveroutput on;

and see the messages.

However, I want to see this messages when calling the stored procedure through oraperl! Is there a way to "set serveroutput on" within oraperl? oraperl uses "OCI" calls, so an equivalen OCI call would be enough.

Thanks in advance,

Carl Tichler

E-mail: catech_at_cloud9.net Received on Thu Sep 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message