Re: ODBC Problems with Oracle 7 AND Visual Basic

From: Peter Tyers <p.tyers_at_trl.oz.au>
Date: 1995/09/06

Stefan Fallet <stfallet_at_herrenberg.netsurf.de> wrote:
>I'm having problems connecting via ODBC (Oracle or Intersolve) to an
>ORACLE 7 Database out of Visual Basic. The problem only occures if two
>users have tables with the same name. In this case Visual Basic tries to
>access the first table.
>
>Example:
>
>Users PROD1 and PROD2 have both a table by the name MYTABLE. If I try
>accessing MYTABLE from PROD2 I get the errormessage: error accessing
>PROD1.MYTABLE. If I try accessing MYTABLE from user PPROD1 it works.
>

>Any Solutions
>
> Stefan

If you rely on the JET engine you will have this problem because you can't qualify the table name. If however you use passthrough queries (options = DB_SQLPASSTHROUG=64) you can qualify the table name! But this is only available in the VB Prof. edition (I think). See "Professional Features Book 2 pp 58-60 and pp 101 ff.

--
P Tyers, Tel. +61-(0)3-2536794   JANET: p.tyers%trl.oz.au_at_uk.ac.ucl.cs
AARnet:	p.tyers_at_trl.oz.au