Trouble compiling oraperl

From: Park Espenshade <park_at_crl.com>
Date: 1995/09/06

Hi,

I think I am just one library away from a compile. I am trying to compile Oraperl v2.4 using Perl 4.036 and Oracle 7.2 libraries. Oraperl compiles it's files fine, but when it tries to link, I get several hundred undefined symbols. The first couple of missing symbols are:

_lxclas
_lxhcrenv
_lxsaved
_lmsagbf
_ldxsto

        and on and on

I am assuming that these are Oracle libraries. My Oracle definations are:

OTHERLIBS	= 'cat $(ORACLE_HOME)/rdbms/lib/sysliblist'
CLIBS		= $(OTHERLIBS)
OCILIB		= $(ORACLE_HOME)/lib/libocic.a
NETLIBS		= $(ORACLE_HOME)/lib/osntab.o \
			$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib/libsqlnet.a
ORALIBS		= $(ORACLE_HOME)/lib/libora.a

The initial Makefile had /rdbms before C,OCI and ORALIBS, but the library files were not there, so I modified the Makefile. OTHERLIBS contains only -lm. Perl required -lposix and -ldbm. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

park Received on Wed Sep 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message