Re: forms4.x: display multi-record block

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_cougar.vut.edu.au>
Date: 1995/09/06

Leng Kaing (leng_at_cougar.vut.edu.au) wrote:
: Hello :-
: I'm attempting to write a trigger to display multiple records on the
: one block when someone presses the query button - similar to what the
: Query | Execute menu item achieves. I've written a pl/sql block but
: the records fetched keeps getting displayed on the first row of the
: block. As such I can only see the last record of the database.
: Please show me how to see them all at the same time, in separate rows.

: Here's my code:

: declare
: CURSOR dept_cur is
: select deptno, dname, loc from dept;
: begin
: for dept_rec in dept_cur loop
: :deptno := dept_rec.deptno;
: :dname := dept_rec.dname;
: :loc := dept_rec.loc;
: next_item;
: end loop;
: end;
:
: TIA,
: Leng.
Problem solved. Here's what I came up with:

go_block('dept');
execute_query(all_records);

That's all. Just 2 simple lines required.

Leng.

--
Leng Kaing - Software Consultant/DBA      Tel: +61-3-9688-4368
Dept of IT&S, VUT - Footscray Campus      Fax: +61-3-9688-4800