Re: Toolbar for a runform session (Forms 4.5)

From: Ken Bobey <ken_at_isasun-1>
Date: 1995/09/05

per.andersson_at_mbox5.swipnet.se writes:
: Place a toolbar-block/canvas and some more stuff in a library form, then create an object group.
: After that you just make one reference to the object group in every form...
:
: OK, it seems to be an awful job, but it works... And if you really want a toolbar that is the best
: solution right now!

There are a couple of problems with this solution:

  1. Referencing the toolbar block in an object group pulls the toolbar's canvas and window into the target form. Now the other canvases in the form must also use the same window as the toolbar. You can't change the Window property on the toolbar canvas because it's referenced! Anyone have a better way to do this???
  2. We use an iconic toolbar block referenced as an object group. This causes lots of GPFs in version 4.5.6.0.7 of the Designer.

: I hope that Oracle are going to improve the toolbar-solution in upcomming versions of Forms (in 5.0?)
:
: Per Andersson

Toolbar support needs to be at the top-level of the Object Navigator (just like Libraries and Menus) so a common toolbar can be used throughout an application. It doesn't make sense for the toolbar to be a forms-level object. I mentioned this is Oracle several months ago...

--
Ken Bobey, ISA Corp.                Internet: ken_at_edm.isac.ca
#835 10040-104 Street               TEL: 403-420-8081
Edmonton, AB, Canada T5J 0Z2        FAX: 403-420-8037