Re: What's a "user" to Oracle???

From: Stephen Turner <sturner_at_athena.mit.edu>
Date: 1995/09/05

>A 'user' to an Oracle instance is a concurrent database connection.
>However, Oracle does not by default impose a limit. If a 'user' makes a
>connection via Forms and then in opens another session via SQL Plus, this
>would constitute two 'user'.

Maybe I'm being picky, but an Oracle user equates to a user id stored in the database, created by the CREATE USER statement. A user session is a single database connection. So in the example above, there is only one user but two user sessions.

Steve Turner Received on Tue Sep 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message