Re: Upgrade SQL*Net V1 to V2 - questions

From: Christian Guenther <dbbetr_at_ztivax.zfe.siemens.de>
Date: 1995/09/04

Hi Chris,
you can have both versions of Sql*Net running on your system at the same time. So don't change the setup of your V1-Net, only try to set up SQL*Net V2.
It's also recommended that you don't try to set up SQL*Net V2 manually.
It's possible, but the configutration files are very cryptic. so it's likely that you will get many errors.
There's a tool, the Oracle Network Manager, you should use to do that work.
This tool creates all needed files, for the server and for the clients, so it's very easy to set up SQL*Net V2.

Christian

Chris Little <chris.little_at_cho.ge.com> wrote:

>I am about to undertake the upgrade of SQL*Net V1 to V2 on
>a HP box running HP-UX 9.04 and have been warned by a number
>of individuals that V2 is a lot more complicated than V1.
>This server runs Oracle 7.1.4. I will bring my "Understanding
>SQL*Net V2.1" manual home tonight and read it, but if any of
>you out there have any tips or recommendations or can point me
>to further documentation on the subject, I would be most
>grateful. If there is a set of FAQ's on this subject, I'd be
>interested in getting my hands on that too.

>Thanks in advance for your help.

>Chris

>--------

>Chris Little. Oracle DBA & SAP Basis Admin.
>GE Fanuc Automation, Charlottesville, Virginia (804) 978-5945

Christian Günther                   dbbetr_at_ztivax.zfe.siemens.de
Siemens AG RK M/Pdb32
Tel. 089/63643965 Received on Mon Sep 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message