Re: Help on auto commit-off

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/09/03

Vish (nv0_at_cis.ufl.edu) writes:
> Hi,
> I am facing some problem with Oracle DDL statements.(I am using embedded sql)
> It commits all DDL statements such as creation of tables...
> (Infact commits everything up to the DDL statement execution)
> Is it possible to disable this feature?

   If all you are doing is straight ANSI DDL then you may want to look up the CREATE SCHEMA statement. It allows you to encapsulate several DDL statements into a single "transaction". The trade off is that any useful (er Oracle specific) stuff like STORAGE or TABLESPACE clauses are not allowed.

--
   - Doug Harris
     IS Project Leader, Prices Division,