Re: An OS/2 Client for Oracle ?

From: <psol002_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1995/09/03

In <41ic6t$pg9_at_monterosa.zurich.ibm.com>, mneto_at_vnet.ibm.com writes:
>Hi, I am about to start working with Oracle databases and I would like to know if
>there is any OS/2 Client for Oracle ? I am interested in C APIs too, since I'll have
>to write Presentation Manager programs that access a remote Oracle Database.
>
>*** BTW any help,hints,tips and source code will be of great help too :-)
>
>- Mario.
>mneto_at_vnet.ibm.com

I have just started working with Oracle on OS2. With the Trial CD I got there are native OS2 client programs. They work well. I have an OS2 Lan Server 4.0 running with the Oracle7 Server on it.

We use netbios for our network protocol. It was a bit tricky to get it going but I had lots of support from oracle.

Oracle C API's were also included. I about to start using them. Received on Sun Sep 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message