Help on auto commit-off

From: Vish <nv0_at_cis.ufl.edu>
Date: 1995/09/02

Hi,
I am facing some problem with Oracle DDL statements.(I am using emedded sql) It commits all DDL statements such as creation of tables...
(Infact commits everything upto the DDL statement execution)

Is it possible to disable this feature?

If this is not possible, we can't implement AbortTransaction from highlevel point of view.
(like startTransaction

      DML's
      DDL's  (Comitted already)
      AbortTransaction (No way we can do this).
)

Can anybody help me with this?

Is it possible to access data dictionary from emedded sql apps? If anybody is aware of this, please let me know. Thanks.
Vish Received on Sat Sep 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message