Re: HELP! V5.1 won't run on Pentium Computer

From: Terry Best <tbest_at_frontier.canrem.com>
Date: 1995/09/02

>Help! I need to learn Oracle, so I bought a complete copy of 5.1C
>with all docs. It doesn't install all the way. It violates memory
>at a specific location when initializing the database. If I manually
>start "oracle" the SQLPME program either hard locks the machine under DOS,
>or under windows 95 it says loading Oracle and locks.
>
>I have a Packard Bell Pentium 90, with 24 megs. Does anyone know what
 versions
>of Windows, NT, OS/2, or DOS might make this work?
>
>Thanks.

Get your hands on Personal Oracle 7 for Windows. U can get it for a 90 trial version for just the shiiping cost of the CD. The disk has all the platforms EXCEPT Win95. I thing that will be added to the disk soon but u can also D/L the Win95 Version from the ORacel Web Site. (17meg) Received on Sat Sep 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message