Re: No more than 1 LONG in a table question

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/09/01

Walter Marek (wmarek_at_grci.com) writes:
> Anyone have any good ideas on how to get around this limitation?
>
> Something other than just creating another table with the key and
> the other long attribute.

   Actually, moving all of your LONG columns to their own table (perhaps joined by an artificial sequential key) can be good for performance if you do a lot of full table scans. It drastically reduces the size of your original table.

 There is no way I know of to get around this limitation.

--
   - Doug Harris
     IS Project Leader, Prices Division,