Trouble w/ Snapshots.

From: Charles Dye <cdye_at_corp.dialog.com>
Date: 1995/09/01

I have come across some unexpected behavior w/ snapshots and would appreciate any observations you'll might have.

We have (simplified):

<Created First> <Created Second> <Created Third> Snap Inst A (7.0.16) Snap Inst B (7.0.16) Snap Inst C (7.0.16)

-------------------     -------------------   --------------------
create snapshot         create snapshot       create snapshot
snap.users              snap.users            snap.users
as select *             as select *           as select *
from mis.users_at_mis      from mis.users_at_mis    from mis.users_at_mis
where id='CA'           where id='CA'         !!!no WHERE clause!!!

The MASTER site is 7.1.3, and has a schema SNAP and a schema MIS. Snapshot C is a FAST refresh, others are COMPLETE.

I forced a COMPLETE refresh of Snapshot C, and I saw that the sql that was executing on Snap Inst C was:

     INSERT INTO snap <blah blah blah>
     SELECT <blah blah blah> FROM SNAP.MVIEW$_USERS_at_mis

Then I looked at the defining query for SNAP.MVIEW$_USERS on the master site, and saw that the query included the "where id='CA'" clause.

Clearly this is not correct. Comments?

Regards,
CDye_at_corp.dialog.com (formally Charles.Dye_at_syntex.com) Received on Fri Sep 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message