How To Generate Random Passwords?

From: DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM <(DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 1995/09/01

I have a client who is building a UNIX script that will automatically create new ORACLE users; everything seems pretty solid except when it comes to generating a unique password. My idea is to substring the user name with a substring of the host time stamp, another idea was to create the password with the user name, select the encrypted password string, substring it, and use that. Any ideas/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dagmar Anne Bogan

Kopania & Komorovsky          Specializing in Data Architecture
Richardson, TX  75081         and Performance Engineering

dagmara_at_delphi.com Received on Fri Sep 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message