Re: SQL*PLUS Editor

From: Tony Cristiano <tlc_at_qdot.qld.gov.au>
Date: 1995/09/01

In article <41r7kr$tgq_at_holly.softwords.bc.ca>,

   dmacdonald_at_mailhost.wlc.com (dan macdonald) wrote:
>>This is a bug (bug # 281056). It will be fixed in SQL*Plus version
>3.1.3.5.5.
>
>this is nice to hear. that bug IS a pain. i tend to avoid the
>sql editor entirely now, and use cut'n'paste to a "real" editor. or in
>the case of SQL*Plus, if you set the "spool" directory to a known
>location, then you can save "script" files to that directory, and then
>just say "start xxxxxxx" in sql*plus.
>
>it is a work around. i look foreward to the bug fix...

I have just upgraded to "SQL*Plus: Release 3.1.3.7.2" and it seems to be well behaved, so far.

So, away we go ......

  • Tony Cristiano =
  • Analyst Programmer =
  • Queensland Transport (ARMIS Project) =
  • "Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment." =