Re: access privileges

From: S. Kannan <skannan_at_cardinal.fs.com>
Date: 1995/08/30

krishna rajan (krajan_at_uoft02.utoledo.edu) wrote:
: Hi ,
: I am new to the world of oracle.I have a question on oracle userid.
: I am working on a project and have created all my tables under one userid
: (userid1/passwd1) for the project. I want to give read-only access to some
: of the other people who are working with me on the project. I am using
: MS-access as a front-end.I created another oracle userid(userid2/passwd2)
: and granted select on all the tables on userid1 to userid2. Now all the
: people are able to look at the table on MS-access. But under userid2 on
: oracle there are no tables.I understand why , because i gave only select
: privilege to userid2. My question is , how do i show all the tables under
: userid2 so that they are still read-only on oracle ?.
: Thanks in advance.
: Krishna

: Strategic Research & Consulting,
: An Opinion Research Corp. Company
: Maumee, Ohio.

I have not worked on MS-Access. However, feel that if you created synonyms, in userid2, for those tables in userid1 you should be able to see them as synonymns in userid2.

Hope this helps.

Kannan
Email: skannan_at_fs.com
Mastech Systems Corporation

The above are my own comments and opinion. They do not purport that of
anybody else.