HELP:Forms4.5 - host command goes to DOS - Is that Right

From: Andrew Robb <A.Robb_at_.uws.edu.au>
Date: 1995/08/29

We are writing a small application which requires the execution of 'GRANT  SELECT, UPDATE...etc on tablename to username' to be run from withing Forms 4.5. We were going to do this by passing the username from the block to a sql script file on the PC which would the run the grants.

Why when we use the HOST built-in does it drop out to dos and show 'This Program requires Microsoft Windows'. I would have thought that the HOST for CDE Tools would have been windows.

We want to have the GRANTING of table Priviledges done without having hardcode in any table names or usernames. We've managed to program it so that no hardcoding is done but we can't get HOST to run the plus31.exe executable.

Also is there an FAQ for Forms 4.5 anywhere.

Thanks. Received on Tue Aug 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message