Re: Running SQL*Net: Macintosh Appletalk

From: Brian F. Morgan <bfmorgan_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 1995/08/29

> I'm taking a stab in the dark that someone out there has done this and
can provide any tips to getting this kind of setup to work well. We realize this is not an ideal configuration, but it is temporary and getting ethernet in place in time for testing is not practical.

We have had no problems with the SQL*Net 1.x or 2.x running on an LocalTalk network. There is a speed issue if you are sending/receiving large BLOBs. This is a limit of the LocalTalk bandwidth. In general normal SQL and PL/SQL transactions are about 2x-4x slower than EtherTalk.

Hope this helps

--
Brian F. Morgan
bfmorgan_at_llnl.gov