RUNREP from a Forms User Exit

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 1995/08/29

We are having serious Multi-Processor Synchronisation problems on our VAX 7740 (4 cpus) and are looking at some way to invoke ReportWriter from SQL*Forms V3 that does not require starting a new Oracle session.

The obvious method is to use a Forms User Exit to call the RUNREP executable inside the current process.

Has anyone done this already and can provide some sample code and/or advice.

Any help appreciated.

Bruce... pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

  • Bruce Pihlamae -- Database Administration *
  • Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health *
  • These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have. *

"The more complex the argument gets, the easier it is to refute." "Killing is wrong!" -- Trent 'The Uncatchable' Castanaveras Received on Tue Aug 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message