Modifying sql.bsq ??

From: Alon Cohen <orc3_at_datasrv.co.il>
Date: 1995/08/28

I am about to do a reorg of a Oracle 7.1.4 (on hp-ux) whose present system objects are quite large and fragmentated: C_OBJ# 200M 22 extents
C_COBJ# 88M 30 extents
CON$ 17M 16 extents.

Our users are suffering from serious performance problems - for various reasons. I would like to eliminate the problem of our huge data dictionary by altering the sql.bsq at the time of the create database, but I've heard that there is potential corruption risk. Has anyone changed the initials/ nexts of the critical segments (above line 365 in the sql.bsq) and lived to tell about it? Also, any idea to the extent (pun) to which the data dictionary segment sizes play in performance?

I will summarize and post replies to the newsgroup.

Thanks!
Mike Most (Aurec) Received on Mon Aug 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message