Re: DEC Alpha Install Prob w/7.1.6

From: David L. Henning <daveh_at_ghgcorp.com>
Date: 1995/08/28

In article <41iqa7$lcf_at_blackice.winternet.com>, lorenzen_at_winternet.com (James Lorenzen) says:

>We are attempting to upgrade from 7.0.16 to 7.1.6 on our DEC Alpha server
>running OSF/1 2.0.
>
>We are consistantly getting an error that says:
>'Object file format error in: /oracle/products/ora7.1.6/lib/libsqlnet.a(
>osntni.o) : unknown type of section'

You never said whether you were rebuilding from source or not. I assume not. OSF is pretty picky and usually requires all source (including support utilities) to be rebuilt from scatch. It is a 64 bit UNIX and not binary compatible with anything. You probably will have to wait on Oracle to create you a special version.

Porting on the Alpha kept me busy for several months. Received on Mon Aug 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message