Help on testing soft for Oracle on VAX

From: Frank Verhaest <Frank.Verhaest_at_ping.be>
Date: 1995/08/28

I am responsible for the testing of new software written for our Oracle database. We run Oracle on a VAX. We are currently using DEC Test Manager to run our regression tests but I do not like it.
The problem I have with the Oracle DB in general is that there is no easy way to empty or fill it, except by using techniques as export and import which can take a while when you are working with 50 users and a huge database.
So we had to create a regression test environment and each time we run the tests we have to empty the DB because DEC Test Manager compares screen outputs and therefore any change in the database will be reflected. This also means that creating a new record would cause a problem except if you reset the record ID pointer. Does anyone have a similar problem ... and a solution? Could you also mail me the solution as I do not have a constant access to this newsgroup.
Thanks. Received on Mon Aug 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message