Re: ODBC 2.0/Oracle 7 drivers NOT using SQL*Net??

From: Daniel Jewett <djewett_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/28

John Moriarty <jmm_at_wiis.wang.com> wrote:

>cclittle_at_umich.edu (chris little) wrote:
>>
>> I would be much obliged if anyone can tell me if these truly
>> exist (I have heard rumours), and if so, where I could find
>> them.
>> Anybody know when we will see the 32-bit ODBC drivers too?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christopher Little
>> cclittle_at_umich.edu
>>

> The only ODBC driver for Oracle that I have seen that doesn't
>require SQL*Net is Visionware.

> John Moriarty

A company in the UK called OpenLink Software also makes ODBC drivers which don't required SQL*Net. Their drivers require a small server process on the host machine which listens directly to TCP/IP requests from their ODBC driver -- it works very fast from my experience (which is using it, but not really benchmarking it formally).

Dan Jewett
Brio Technology, Inc. Received on Mon Aug 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message