Re: Oracle Applications

From: Dale E. Benjamin <dbenjamin_at_fcpa.fujitsu.com>
Date: 1995/08/28

ed_at_ritz.mordor.com (Ed Maldonado) wrote:
>Dale E. Benjamin (dbenjamin_at_fcpa.fujitsu.com) wrote:
>: Anyone know of a news group for the Oracle Applications
>: (i.e. Manufacturing and Financials)?
>:
>: We're running 9.4.2 and are interested in information on release
>: 10. I'm aware of the local Oracle Applications user group in
>: the SF Bay Area, but hope to find something on-line.
>:
>: thanks! - dale benjamin
>:
>May be its time to create one, because I don't know of any group geared
>towared Applications.
>

> Thanx,
> Ed
> (Consultant _at_ Large)

Thanks to everyone who emailed me about the mail list. I'm including the information here for anyone else who's interested.

  • db -

O R A C L E A P P L I C A T I O N S F O R U M (On the Internet)

You have been added to the Oracle Applications Forum, an automated worldwide electronic mail distribution list dedicated to issues related to Oracle's in-house developed suite of business applications!

Please keep this message tucked away for futur use, it contains the instructions on how to use the automated list processing software of the Oracle Applications Forum.

Listprocessor commands:

To SUBSCRIBE to the mailing list, send a message like the following:

To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca
Subject: (The subject line is ignored)

SUBSCRIBE OraApps-L Your real name goes here

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this mailing list, send a message like:

To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca

UNSUBSCRIBE OraApps-L

To POST a new article to the Oracle Applications Forum, simply address your message to:

OraApps-L_at_cpa.qc.ca

You should be careful not to post commands intended for the list processor to the mailing list itself. Also, please be aware that the listprocessor software examines the posts and rejects any message with a subject that contains words that it might interpret like subscription or un-subscription command.

Also, the list processor keeps a checksum of messages that are sent along with the address of the author. The purpose is to prevent the same message from being sent more than once. Therefore do not send the same message at intervals, they will simply be rejected.

The list processor also rejects message which contain message-ids of previously posted messages. Therefore when you create a reply be sure to remove the message-id part of the original message. I don't like this rule myself, but unfortunately I cannot change how the software works.

To obtain HELP on the various commands and features of the listserver, send a message like:

To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca

HELP If you need furthur help, you can contact the owner of this list at the following address:

owner-OraApps-L_at_cpa.qc.ca

As a default upon subscription, you do not get a copy of your postings sent to you. If you wish to receive a copy, and therefore an acknowledgement, of messages you post to the list then send a message like:

To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca

SET OraApps-L MAIL ACK

If you wish to obtain the posts to the list in DIGEST format, which means that you will get one concatenated message of posts, with a table of contents, then send a message like:

To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca

SET OraApps-L MAIL DIGEST

The digest is sent every 24 hours or each time it accumulates 3000 lines of text, which ever comes first.

If you wish to know the current settings for your account, send a message like:

To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca

SET OraApps-L Received on Mon Aug 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message