Re: SQL*PLUS Editor

From: dan macdonald <dmacdonald_at_mailhost.wlc.com>
Date: 1995/08/27

In article <41iaqf$5uj_at_mother.usf.edu>, rife_at_aarlo.moffitt.usf.edu says...

>In article <40ot99$en6_at_camelot.qdot.qld.gov.au>, tlc_at_qdot.qld.gov.au
 (Tony Crist
>iano) says:
>>>[Stuff Deleted]
>>>
>>>Unfortumately that 'edit' command isn't very reliable. For me it works
>>>the first time or two I try it. Afterwards it kicks me into a dos
>>>shell that exits back to windows almost as soon as it enters it.
>>
>>I am using the Developer/2000 version of SQL*Plus and I get the same
 error of
>>being kicked out to DOS and back to windows. Has this been reported to
>>Oracle?
>>
>>Tony :)
>>

>This is a bug (bug # 281056). It will be fixed in SQL*Plus version
3.1.3.5.5.

this is nice to hear. that bug IS a pain. i tend to avoid the sql editor entirely now, and use cut'n'paste to a "real" editor. or in the case of SQL*Plus, if you set the "spool" directory to a known location, then you can save "script" files to that directory, and then just say "start xxxxxxx" in sql*plus.

it is a work around. i look foreward to the bug fix...

dan

      dan macdonald                        aoxoa computing services
      dmacdona_at_IslandNet.com               victoria, bc, canada
                                           phone:604.380.2212
          "Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine..."
                                                         - john p barlow