Re: NO Motif version of Developer/2000 ????

From: dan macdonald <dmacdonald_at_mailhost.wlc.com>
Date: 1995/08/27

In article <41g5h5$snc_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, olywa_at_aol.com says...

>Oracle Case consultant recommended to us that we run Designer 2000 on
>Windows NT only. It has problems with Windows 3.1 & it was written with
>win32s anyways.

hopefully this hasn't been said alread (the danger when popping into the middle of a conversation without reading what went on before... anyway....)

yes, designer 2000 is ONLY a pc-based application/ to the best of my knowledge, there is no talk to porting it to other platforms.

we are running it on "basic" windows 3.11 platforms without TOO many problems (ie: 486/66 with at 16meg ram <-- i'd like to get more, like 24 or 32).

but, it IS possible to run it on a windows machine. you don't NEED NT or win95 or whatever.

also note --> we have an HP box running the database, so we AREN'T running the rdmbs locally... if THAT were the case, i don;t hink windows 3.11 would cut it at all..

anyway...

dan macdonald

dmacdonald_at_vic.lgs.ca Received on Sun Aug 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message