Re: Success in buying just the OCI from Oracle?

From: Tim Smith <tssmith_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/26

John Moriarty <jmm_at_wiis.wang.com> writes:
> I believe the response when I asked the same question of Oracle
> was that it [the OCI] came as part of Pro*C.

Wrong, of course. These sales guys should know better. As I said in a previous message, the OCI libs come "free" with the server. You supply a C compiler and linker, and you need a manual, which does not come bundled with the 7.x printed or on-line doc set.

There should also be some demo code, and the .h files it uses, in the ORACLE_HOME/demo directory.

If anyone needs a manual part #, and can't get it from sales, email me, and let me know which version of the server you have.

--Tim (tssmith_at_netcom.com -- home) (tssmith_at_us.oracle.com -- work) Received on Sat Aug 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message