client/server and routers

From: <johanv_at_pi.net>
Date: 1995/08/26

Who can help me with the following problem. We are using sqlnet V2.1 on a sco-unix machine with tcp/ip. Our clients are pentium 60 pc's with windows 3.11, forms 4.0 and sqlnet v2.1. The distance between the database and the clients is about 100 KM. We use smart routers which disconnect when 5 minutes there is no package sent. Even when a client is still logged on to the database. It seems that sqlnet creates a new session when the connection is rebuilt. But what we would like is that sqlnet uses the old connection already made by the client.

Who had the same problem and how can I solve this without setting the disconnect time to unlimited?

Thanks for helping. Received on Sat Aug 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message