Re: Oracle Power Objects-Combo Box-ValueList

From: Barbara Worthing-Jones <bworljon_at_crl.com>
Date: 1995/08/26

Michael Kranzdorf (mikek_at_krt.com) wrote:
: In article <41gd2u$71s_at_agate.berkeley.edu>, "Larry M. Jones"
: <ljones_at_mindseye.berkeley.edu> wrote:

: > Thanks for further information, but I've just about given up. I couldn't
: > get the cmbListField.UpdateList() to work from anywhere in the parent
: > form, even without trying to include a where clause. I tried after
: > commiting new records in the parent form, post-update, post-change,
: > post-insert, post-delete, & I don't know where else. Nothing new shows
: > up in the combo box until you quit the form and come back in. (Never try
: > version 1.0 of anything?)

: Just so people don't get the wrong idea about OPO, I replicated the exact
: problem from the original post and it works fine, just as my solution
: described, with no updatelist() call required. I change the parent record
: (using a scroll bar on the parent form), and a new popup menu for the
: combo box appears as soon as I click on it.

: If you want to insert a record into the child table for something typed
: into the combo text field, add a version of this to the combo's
: postupdate() method:

: a=form1.field1.value
: b=self.value
: EXEC SQL INSERT INTO TABLE2 VALUES (:a,:b)
: self.updatelist()

: (Note that
: 1. this includes no checking for duplicate values, etc. and
: 2. the user must signal in some way that they want to accept the typed
: value, such as hitting a tab)

: There's probably something else wrong in the your form that prevents these
: solutions from working, such as bindings or parent/child anomalies. They
: both work for me. I suggest you try a bare-bones test in a new form.

: Michael Kranzdorf --- mikek_at_krt.com
: Director of Information Systems --- NYSE:KRT
: Kranzco Realty Trust --- 610.941.9292

Thank you for the further clarification and solutions. The time you and others have spent helping is much appreciated. I know that the end-users will also be delighted with the added functionality.

Sincerely,
Larry Received on Sat Aug 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message