Problems with RUN_PRODUCT in Forms 4.5.6

From: Kevin Muhm <kmuhm>
Date: 1995/08/25

I am upgrading a SQL*FORMS application and a ReportWriter application to Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5. The form takes some input values from the user, checks them against the data base for validation, and then passes the values to the report which prints out a series of barcodes. I have used the run_product built-in, with my forms values specified both as data parameters (and creating a query record group to replace the report query) and as text parameters (by passing the forms values as CHAR arguments to a procedure).

So far, none of this has produced what I am looking for. I have no problem invoking Reports, but my parameter list (and the parameters) are not being passed to Reports. I have also added a text parameter for the 'PARAMFORM' and set it to 'NO', but the parameter form is still displayed. This seems to indicate that my error is something fairly basic, but I have followed the documentation on integrating the Developer/2000 products very closely, and I don't *think* that I'm doing anything wrong.

Anyone have any ideas? Received on Fri Aug 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message