DEC Alpha Install Prob w/7.1.6

From: James Lorenzen <lorenzen_at_winternet.com>
Date: 1995/08/24

We are attempting to upgrade from 7.0.16 to 7.1.6 on our DEC Alpha server running OSF/1 2.0.

We are consistantly getting an error that says: 'Object file format error in: /oracle/products/ora7.1.6/lib/libsqlnet.a( osntni.o) : unknown type of section'

The *.a file may change, but the error says. While this is bouncing through Oracle support, I thought that I would check to see if any of you have encountered this problem. I know that 7.1.6 is not certified for OSF/1 2.0, but we thought we could get the software loaded before the UNIX operating system was changed.

Could the *.a format be specific to the 3.x version of OSF?

Any hints, clues, whatever will be appreciated.

TIA James Received on Thu Aug 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message