Re: Help: SPX LISTENER goes down unpredictably

From: Peter Farrell <peterf_at_cognos.com>
Date: 1995/08/24

We have been hitting this problem all week though typically we have only had 2 or 3 processes trying to connect. We are running 7.1 on an AXP OpenVMS box and using DECNET and SQLNET 2.1. We lose our connection for 1 or 2 attaches and then we are fine. At other times the listener just locks up everything. Even the system administrator can't get any response from the Listener. Nothing shows up in the log files to indicate what may be happening.

Pete Farrell
peter.farrell_at_cognos.com

P.S. - To all the people that offered suggestions re:my performance problem with Oracle back in June. Oracle finally admitted that it was a bug and got us a patch (2 days before a major demo )

In article <4139h7$f55_at_news.onramp.net>, corpbank_at_onramp.net says...