Re: Shared Memory Problem - Solaris 2.4 Oracle7.1.6

From: Gerald Skerbitz <gsker>
Date: 1995/08/24

fye_at_uws.edu.au (Frank Ye) wrote:
>This could be the problem with Scott's environment settings. If you copy
>your "oracle" environment to Scott, it will work. Of course, Scott needs to be
>in your oracle(whatever the name is) group.

Well, maybe I wasn't clear enough about these things. I log into unix as oracle. oracle is a member of group dba and the owner of the database and all kinds of other things. I run sqlplus as scott/tiger and it works just fine.

Then, I log into unix as gsker (same environment stuff as oracle) and gsker is a member of group dba also. I run sqlplus as scott/tiger and it behaves as if the database is not running.

Thanks for all your help. I haven't gotten an answer yet and I've placed about 20 calls to Oracle support. They have been pretty useless so far. Especially since I seldom actually get to talk to anyone.

--
Gerry
Gerald Skerbitz <gsker_at_med.umn.edu> U of MN Med School Admin 6-5379