Re: Personal Developer/2000 for Windows

From: Gordon E. Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1995/08/23

doadams_at_ibm.net wrote:
Hi,

I teach WG2000 courses and have found that when Oracle say you need 16 MB or RAM for PO7, and 8MB for such and such they mean you need 16 MB of RAM available for PO7 and 8 MB of RAM available for such and such. If you want to stay awake while you are developing under PO7/DEV2000 you really should look at having a reasonably fast machine with 32 MB of RAM, or move the database to a server using say Workgroup sever.

>I have the trial CD-ROM from Oracle. Will Developer work with 16MB. The reason
>I ask is that the READ.ME says the database needs 8MB and developer needs 16MB.
>Does the number for Developer include the database. I urgently need to learn
>about this program. Any help will be greatly appreciated. You may also e-mail
>me; I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Gordon Hooker MACS PCP                                     ,--_|\
25 Clarke Street, Ripley, Queensland, 4306, Australia     /      \
gordonh_at_acslink.net.au                                    \_.--._/
mobile: 018883835 phone: 61-7-2889716                           V
It is far better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt... Received on Wed Aug 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message