Re: Data Administration - Anyone Interested?

From: Ajay M Gandhi <agandhi_at_osf1.gmu.edu>
Date: 1995/08/23

Hi,

Sounds Good. I think we should start a separate group which focuses on CASE Methodology plus DBA stuff.

Keep it up.

Thanks

Ajay Gandhi
Tel : (703) 803-8930 Fax :(703) 803-7929 e-mail : agandhi_at_osf1.gmu.edu

SIRC => Software Information Resource Corp. - Meeting Future Needs

Bernard Craddock (bcraddoc_at_ozemail.com.au) wrote:

: >>There seems to be a lack of attention in the news groups to data
: >>administration as opposed to database administration. Topics such as
: >>
: >> Logical Data Modeling
: >> Warehousing
: >> Repositories
: >> Strategies for modeling distributed data
: >> and others
: >>
: >>Does anyone else out there feel that there needs to be a greater focus on
: >>these subjects?
: >>
: >>It maybe that this is because news groups are generally visited most by
: >>techies rather than business side people. I represent the Data
: >>Administration Management Association (DAMA) and am thinking about
: >>starting a news group on how to manage the data resource. Anyone
: >>interested?
: >>
: >>Diana M. Stobart
: >>Vice President
: >>DAMA - Greater Boston Chapter
: >>

: Diana,

: Sounds like a great idea, I'm a DBA who over the past couple of years has
: been asked to become more and more involved with Data Modelling.
: Please Let me know when things get up and running.

: Bernard Craddock
: bcraddoc_at_ozemail.com.au