Re: Mixed case in table names

From: Gordon E. Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1995/08/22

quanta23_at_unm.edu (Mr. Potato Spud Head) wrote: Maybe you don't have permission to drop the table... See if your DBA can drop it.

>I created a table by exporting it from an Access database to Oracle7. The
>table was named 'Test' typed with a capital T and the rest of the letters
>lower case. I can't select from or drop this table from the Oracle database.

>This is an example of what I tried and the result:

>SQL> drop table Test;
>drop table Test
> *
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

>I know that the table is there because I can attach to it through
>Access. Also it is listed in all_tables. Example:

>SQL> Select table_name from all_tables;

>TABLE_NAME
>-----------------------------------
>PROVIDER
>TPA
>CLAIM
>JURISDICTION
>AUDIT_ACTIONS
>Test

>87 rows seleted.

>If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thank you.

Gordon Hooker MACS PCP                                     ,--_|\
25 Clarke Street, Ripley, Queensland, 4306, Australia     /      \
gordonh_at_acslink.net.au                                    \_.--._/
mobile: 018883835 phone: 61-7-2889716                           V
It is far better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt... Received on Tue Aug 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message