Re: Oracle Performance SS1000 w/ array

From: Lawrence V. Rohrer <lrohrer_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1995/08/22

In my own benchmarks this machine should be very fast...

In my case I was running over 260 simulated users in a warehouse management system (not Oracle finacials). These users were simple PL*SQL users running under SQLDBA. There was none of the 6Meg per user overhead.

BTW This system achieved 16,000 business transactions with this number of users. Under peak conditions this system does over 40,000 transactions per hour.

Your story reminds me a lot of my current client's attempt to bring up SAP under oracle. Lot's of pain and its very difficult to tune.

In your case, as you state, it may be all of the swapping going on.

Oracle financials, at least, most of the tables arevisible and yout should be able to quickly tune the system.

Lawrence V. Rohrer
1500 Adams #105
Costa Mesa, California 92626
lrohrer_at_earthlink.net