Re: Combining NT Workstation with Oracel running in UNIX

From: Michael J. Marolda <mmarolda_at_bristol.onramp.net>
Date: 1995/08/21

In article <419pmr$6e_at_news.csie.nctu.edu.tw>, K.L.Chen <imklchen_at_saturn> wrote:
>Is it possible to run an application in NT but access oracle database which is
>running in UNIX?
>
>Julian

Yes, You can easily do this using SQL*Net (either directly or via an ODBC driver). I ran a test this weekend and was able to create a Visual Basic application on my NT box at home and access an oracle server on a Sun OS box at my office. A more efficient technique would be to use one of the commercial 32 bit ODBC drivers.

I hope this helps.

Mike Marolda - Bristol Database Resources Inc.
mmarolda_at_onramp.net
http://bdr.com/ - Providing Integrated Oracle and WWW Solutions