Re: Oracle7 for Win NT auto startup

From: Akira Hashimoto <akira_at_st.jip.co.jp>
Date: 1995/08/21

In article <40tgmr$ifc_at_rsbsn001.rsb.texaco.com>, woolcsr_at_texaco.com (Scott R. Woolcock) says:

>I'm new to NT, so I'm having to learn as I go on it.
>
>How do I get Oracle to automatically start when NT starts up? I've got
>the 'services' (SQL*Net) starting automatically, but can't figure out how
>to make the DB come up at system startup.
>
>Conversely, is there a way to shut Oracle down cleanly when NT comes
>down? It may be doing it already, but I can't get verification from
>anybody or anywhere.
>
>Can anybody help?

Create batch file called "D:\$ORACLE_HOME\bin\startup.cmd". Add following command in it.

        ORADIM71 -STARTUP -SID yoursidname -STARTTYPE SRVC,INST

Then run regedt32.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

                  SOFTWARE
                       Microsoft
                             Windows NT
                                   CurrentVersion
                                        WinLogon

Add "D:\$ORACLE_HOME\bin\startup.cmd" in the key "System". Separate each command with ",".

Now you can start up not only services but also database.

I don't know how to shutdown db automatically.

                % Akira Hashimoto                                %
                % Japan Information Processing Service Co., Ltd. %
                % Research & Technical Support Division          %
                % tel: 	(81 3) 5690-3237                         %
                % fax: 	(81 3) 5690-3229	                 %
                % e-mail: akira_at_st.jip.co.jp                     %