Re: oraperl and HP (OSF??)

From: Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/21

In article <DDKz6u.1A5_at_cunews.carleton.ca>, Darrell Cavens <dcavens_at_schoolnet.carleton.ca> wrote:
> Doug Faughnan (dfaughn_at_usa.net) wrote:
> : Anyone out there had success with oraperl installation on HP-UX 9.05 and
> : Oracle 7.1.4? Is there perhaps a binary I might be able to download?
> Sorry I cant help you there, but I have the EXACT (scary eh?) same
> question for OSF. I have struggled with this for a long time and
> am no longer having 'fun' :)
>
> I have managed to get it Running on Solaris, but OSF is another story.
>
> any help (binaries????) would be very helpful. Thanks!

I've just posted this in comp.lang.perl.misc:

In article <DDKzF5.1nC_at_cunews.carleton.ca>, Darrell Cavens <dcavens_at_schoolnet.carleton.ca> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I am having a fun time compiling Oraperl on OSF/1. Oracle version
> 7.1.4. I have been through the archives at ftp.demon.co.uk and am
> still having no luck. I am in a position where I must get this going
> asap (arent we all...). Just wondering if anyone has a binary or a
> makefile that works.

Try adding

        #define A_OSF

to the code before the

        #include <oratypes.h>

line.

It works best it you also mutter some dark words about Oracle's quality control at the same time.

Alternatively you could try using the Perl 5 DBI + DBD::Oracle + Oraperl emulation which works on OSF/1 (by virtue of the addition of the #define). Grab the latest bits from ftp.demon.co.uk in the /pub/perl/db/ DBI and DBD/Oracle directories. If you go this route please join the mailing list via perldb-interest-request_at_vix.com.

> Darrell Cavens

Tim.

p.s. The #define A_OSF fix applies to all platforms where a long is 64 bits wide. Received on Mon Aug 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message