Re: Oracle Power Objects-Combo Box-ValueList

From: Gordon E. Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1995/08/21

"Larry M. Jones" <ljones_at_mindseye.berkeley.edu> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to reference a field from a parent form in the
>where clause of a combo box valuelist in an embedded child form in OPO?
>I'm used to being able to do the following in the list of values in forms
>3:

>select child_table.column1 from child_table
>where child_table.column2 = :parent_block.field

>I haven't found any way to reference the value shown in the parent form
>from a combobox ValueList in an embedded child form. It looks as if

>=select ... where child_table.column2 = frmParent.field_name.value

>ought to work, but the string frmParent... seems to be being passed to
>the server rather than the actual value of the parent field currently
>showing on the form.

>Thanks for any help or suggestions.

You should be able to assign the field to a bind variable and use the variable in the valuelist. Or that is the theory anyway.

Gordon Hooker MACS PCP                                     ,--_|\
25 Clarke Street, Ripley, Queensland, 4306, Australia     /      \
gordonh_at_acslink.net.au                                    \_.--._/
mobile: 018883835 phone: 61-7-2889716                           V
The opinions you read here are mine and not necessarily those of my employers. Although, I must say they are the truth, the whole truth, and nothing like the truth. As far as I'm concerned anyway... Received on Mon Aug 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message