Re: Shared Memory Problem - Solaris 2.4 Oracle7.1.6

From: Gerald Skerbitz <gsker>
Date: 1995/08/21

darryl snedeker <darryl.snedeker_at_amd.com> wrote:
>When the Oracle RDBMS is started it attempts to obtain/allocate shared memory for it's own
>purposes, creation of the SGA being one of them. In your situation, it is my belief that you
>have not allocated enough shared memory to the Oracle processes.

Thanks for your help, but it seems unlikely that the SIZE of the shared memory region would be a problem. Remember that I can connect just fine as long as I log in as "oracle". If I log in as "gsker" then I get the aforementioned error. Why would SIZE cause this problem? I think I will try upping the size of the shared memory anyway. I can't think of anything else to try.

Thanks!

--
Gerry
Gerald Skerbitz <gsker_at_med.umn.edu> U of MN Med School Admin 6-5379