Re: PowerBuilder - Connecting To Oracle 7 Server via SQLNET v.???

From: Hank Eskin <hank_eskin_at_legacytech.com>
Date: 1995/08/20

Ed Crotty <ecrotty> wrote:
>Briefly looking over the Powerbuilder manual "Connecting to the
>Database", I am left wondering what version of SQL*NET to use with
>PowerBuilder.
> On page 50, it shows and example string to connect to a Oracle 7 Server,
>and it looks like -- _at_T:LION
> This is a SQLNET v1 connect string... I was curious if Powerbuilder
>supports SQL*NET v2, as that is the preferred version to use at this location.

  We do the same thing PB to Oracle 7.0 on a Unix machine. (SQL*Net V2)

  Try _at_tns:<tnsname>

 For instance, in our TNSNAMES.ORA file, we have several tns names defined, i.e. like CSP. my PB connect string is _at_TNS:CSP

  Hope this helps! Received on Sun Aug 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message