Re: Help how to use: Populate_List

From: Richard Hammel <r_hammel_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1995/08/20

In article <NEWTNews.808713717.15735.mesa_at_mesa.pont.cat.com>, greg.hoff_at_cat.com says...

>I can't seem to get Populate_List to work for me.

  • EDITED ***
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail response to
    >greg.hoff_at_cat.com if convenient.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Chris Raber, In care of greg.hoff_at_cat.com

    Did you make sure that your record group meets the following requirements:

(Taken from Oracle Forms 4.5 Reference Manual)

Removes the contents of the current list and populates the list with the values from a record group. The target record group must have the following two column (CHAR) structure:

Column 1: Column 2:

the list label the list value

Note that it says that it clears the contents of the list, so doing a CLEAR_LIST is excessive. Also note the both items in the record group must be character values.

Hope this helps.

  • Rick