Re: Oracle Forms 5.0 !!!!

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/20

In article <412a75$g2d_at_ns1.nba.TRW.COM> Jim Winterroth <jwinter_at_qdrs2a.stg.trw.com> writes:
>dbmoore_at_netcom.com (Dennis Moore) wrote:
>> >I heard that Oracle Corp. may demo Oracle Forms 5.0 at the IOUG in Sept
>> >'95.Is that true ?????????????????
>>
>> We are planning to preview it as part of Developer/2000 Release 2. Don't miss
>> Sohaib Abbasi (Sr. VP, Tools and Groupware) presenting it in his concurrent
>> session! The session is on Monday at IOUW.
>>
>Does this mean Oracle is going to skip Forms 4.5 for Unix and Mac
>platforms?
>
>Jim
><All opinions expressed are my own - my employeer can find it's own
>way into trouble>

NO!!!!!

Developer/2000 (which includes Forms 4.5) is now in manufacturing for Solaris and should ship in a week or two. Other Unix ports will follow soon, as will VMS. PowerMac and 68K Mac are October/November. Incidentally, as with the CDE Tools, the Unix/VMS versions include a (VASTLY IMPROVED!!!) Motif development and Motif/character deployment environment. Good luck!

--
-- Dennis Moore, Oracle Corp.
dbmoore_at_oracle.com	<- Office (preferred for e-mail)