Re: What does Oracle cost?

From: BobNight <bobnight_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/08/20

In addition to the cost of the engine itself, you'll need to set aside monies for contract labor and software tools, such as report writers, a performance monitor, a defragmentation tool, desktop database administration tool and other things from 3rd parties. Oracle will be glad to give you utilities for "free" (or as part of the purchase price of the engine). This is true for all database vendors.

I work for one such tools vendor. I've been in several planning meetings with customers where it's not unusual to budget 10% of a project for 3rd party software tools.

Don't hesitate to give my office a call at 800-442-6861 and ask for a brochure on Oracle database tools. The actual cost will vary by system.

--Bob.
BobNight_at_aol.com
nightingale_at_platinum.com Received on Sun Aug 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message