Re: IS ANY RUNNING ORACLE ON VAX/VMS 6.2 ???

From: Peter Moore <pt_at_chaff.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/19

In article: <412du6$o3t_at_niven.ksc.nasa.gov> "Kent A. King" <Kent.King-1_at_kmail.ksc.nasa.gov> writes:

> The System Administrator at my company is getting ready to
> upgrade our VAX operating system from VMS 5.5-2 to VMS 6.2
> I have talked to ORACLE and they do not support VMS 6.2 yet,
> and I was wondering if anyone is using the new version.
> I am currently running ORACLE RDBMS 7.1.3.

Kent,

I don't know if this helps but I was enquiring about this issue with Oracle UK the other day.

We will shortly be running V7.1.3 on Alpha OpenVMS 6.1, support tell me that 6.2 _will_ run Oracle 7.1.3 and that it is supported but not certified (i.e. regression testing is unfinished).

Obviously this may not apply to VAX as yet, I get the impression that they have only just done Alpha and are doing the 'leading edge' platforms first.

HTH Regards,

Pete