reporting tools

From: Heather Bahr <BAHRH_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1995/08/18

From: Steve Schow <sjs_at_corp.portal.com> Subject: What is best Report Writer?
Date: 18 Aug 1995 01:43:30 GMT

I am looking for a good MS-Windows based reporting tool that connects to oracle and will give me flexibilty as well as ease of use and will produce very nice looking reports with all the formatting control that I can imagine.

What are your opinions about which is best and why?

Thanks in advance

sjs_at_corp.portal.com

Steve,

PLATINUM technology's ProReports and Trinzic's Forest and Trees are two products you might want to evaluate and determine which one best suits your needs. ProReports is a GUI-based client/server report writer that allows multiple queries from multiple databases on multiple platforms, databases, operating systems all in the same report.

Trinzic's Forest and Trees, a more robust product, creates desktop decision support applications featuring data access, analysis, and reporting. It offers access to over 25 data sources and features a host of data analysis tools, all within an intuitive graphical interface.

Both products will provide a solution to what you may be looking for, but they have slightly different "feels". For information on these or any other PLATINUM products, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-442-6861 or 1-708-620-5000.

Regards,
Heather Bahr
Technical Support
PLATINUM technology, inc. Received on Fri Aug 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message