Re: NO Motif version of Developer/2000 ????

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/18

bspdev!andrewb_at_nzsakl.bhp.com.au (Andrew Bevin) wrote:

>In article <RSELIGMA.95Aug9120538_at_seinfeld.oracle.com>, rseligma_at_oracle.com says...

>>I can't give you any dates, but I can assure you that Mac and Motif releases
>>of Developer/2000 are still very much a part of our release plans.
>>
>>--Russ

>Is Designer 2000 planned for release on the Macintosh Platform?

>Andrew Bevin

According to someone I spoke to at Oracle UK, where all CASE development is done (or used to be), Designer 2000 will only be available on Windows. The reason for this is that it was written using MS Visual C++ and Microsoft Foundation Classes. This means no Mac and no Motif, although a native version for NT should be straightforward.

Jim Smith                      jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk
Oracle DBA