Re: ORACLE on NT

From: Jgreene <jgreene_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/08/17

Leif C. Nielsen writes

> Are there any technical reasons why we should continue using
> UNIX instead of NT for eg. Oracle?

I am working on an NT/Oracle Workgroups system that is working fine in development. Our approach is to develop on the less-expensive platform (NT on a Pentium) and then get some metrics on the processing capacity of the NT servers. We anticipate fielding most of the smaller installations on NT while some of the bigger ones might look to a departmental Unix server. I have found that the compatibility between Oracle NT and Oracle Unix is fairly good for what most developers need (they do not care about Oracle gateways, etc.) Hope this helps. Received on Thu Aug 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message